Earlier this year Samsung announced the very successful Samsung Galaxy S8. See a feature breakdown of the phone here. Starting May 17th, 2017 Samsung has decided to run a promotion where you can get the phone for free via a rebate. The process is unusually simple. In fact, it was so simple that I had to read the fine print and yet I didn’t find anything special. Well, there is one thing that did stand out and I’ll mention it a bit later.
Here are the steps to get a free phone:
- Purchase 2 new Galaxy S8 phones
- Activate a line on the T-Mobile Network on Samsung.com
- Samsung will issue a rebate to the original method of purchase up to $750, 7-10 days after activation
Wait, there’s more! Samsung is tossing in 2 Galaxy S8 Entertainment Kits. The kit includes a Clear View standing cover, a Samsung 64GB MicroSD EVO+ memory card, and 6-months of Netflix.
OK, so what’s the catch?! No catch that I can see but there are a few things to note.
- The rebate is only on the price of the phone and doesn’t include taxes, fees, etc.
- The Samsung Galaxy S8 is $750 while the S8 Plus is $850. This means that while you still get an amazing 88% discount on the S8 Plus, you really only get a free phone if you purchase the regular S8.
- You need to activate a line within 14 days of your receipt of the eligible device in order to get the discount.
And that’s it! Check out their announcement to learn more about their offer.